Sunday, January 17, 2010

Four Dollars?!

So my venture into Salvation Army produced more than I was planning. I was on a mission to pick up a $10 bed frame for my mother that my grandmother told her about since my mom wanted to have an extra bed in the grand kids room. So, one rainy day my husband and I proceeded with taking his truck to Salvation Army to purchase this bed frame for her.


While there, I happened to look over in a corner and saw a lonely yellow single bed frame. My spare bedroom had just received a "dumping". We were turning the bedroom turned computer room turned bedroom turned computer room back in to a bedroom, forever!!! The one thing this bedroom was missing was a bed. I did not think this bed would happen upon me so quickly. I was actually expecting it to be a few months, really. I knew that my budget could not afford a bed and I knew no one wanting to get rid of a single bed for free-so it was a huge surprise when I happened upon this bed frame.


The $10 bed my mother was getting was not as cute as this bed over in the corner and I walked over thinking I probably did not have enough cash to purchase the bed at the time. I was sure it was $20 or more. As I was looking at the frame, I leaned it over and saw a 4 written on it in pencil - no $ sign - just a 4. I kept looking for the price when an associate asked if she could help me and so I asked her the price. She looked at it and said - "it's right where you are looking"


$4??!! Really??!! So I snatched it up and she asked what color I planned to paint it as it had paint that was peeling off and a little red was shining through the yellow. "I'm not planning to paint it!" I said.

We loaded it up, and took it home!


From there, everything fell in to place. My sister-in-law had a spare single mattress she gave me and a lady I worked for had already given me a spread and vintage pillows (which at the time she gave them to me, I had no use for...I just knew they were cute and free and couldn't pass them up) So we got everything home, set it up...threw on the spread....the pillows, two different quilts given to me and a few stuffed animals (for my niece) and taa-daa! My $4 purchase along with my hand-me-downs transformed the entire room!
THRILLED!!



No comments:

Post a Comment